Sunday 20 March 2016

Theory of Relativity

This isn't really a topic that I should've composed a poem on, but it is deep. Think about it...


You may say that the moon's bright,
I'll say not more than the sun;
You'll say that guitar's a fight,
whereas I'd rather not play drums.

You may say that the Ganges is long,
I'll say that the Nile's longer;
You can say that a lion's strong,
I'll call an elephant stronger.

The world is a plethora of ideas,
everyone has their own mind, yeah.
These may be insignificant things you've never noticed before,
but trust me, there are actually yet a lot more.

We can all have a different view,
so I give to you something completely new.
Aujourd'hui, I present before thee,
My theory of Relativity.

You say money is a necessity,
I feel life has more worth.
You look at many people with pity,
think of those who have actual dearth.

You may say that they failed,
I'll argue at least they tried;
You say it may have hailed,
I'll tell you somebody died.

It all depends on how we look at it,
you'll get ten different views if you actually sit;
Nothing in this world can be described sole,
you need to compare it with another as a whole.

We can all have a different view,
so I give to you something completely new.
Aujourd'hui, I present before thee,
My theory of Relativity.

You say that you lost a $10 bill,
I'll remind you of someone who hasn't had a bite in days.
You complain the AC's a little chill,
there are people who're tolerating the sun's blaze.

You complain of a hectic day at work,
when there are hundreds who'd take your place any day;
Those whose ends don't meet with the job of a clerk,
or those who sleep on a bundle of hay.

You have a hundred problems to moan about,
but how many times will I have to shout?
That there's millions of people out there,
who genuinely need the world's care.

I hope my words affected you,
added a tad bit of sensitivity to that stew;
'Cuz then my effort wasn't in vain, 
aujourd'hui, presenting before thee,
My theory, of Relativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment